Poetry is the language of imagination. Poetry is a form of positive creation. - KRS One

cappuccino

by rico devante

In a cafe with lava lamps and long-haired baristas,
She murmured, "How can you stomach that crap.
That caffeine-laced sludge popularized
By pseudo-intellectual pashas."

She hated cafes especially ones with
Lava lamps and long-haired baristas.
And Caffeine made her breasts heave .

Her soup was littered with cigarette butts;
Her face, grayed from the weight
Of too much experience.

Staring at my cappuccino mug, she promised
To kill herself before she would drink
Such a bourgeois concoction.

All I could do was offer her a sip.

copyright 2009

1 comment:

  1. Rico Devante - a name near as literate to mine own! Still, I can only sympathize here with She of the heaving breasts. Nay, I have not such mineself; and yet I share her contempt for the bourgeois, the joi de vivre, the maracas.

    Percy Bisque Silly, Man of Lettres

    ReplyDelete